Wednesday 11 October 2017

Talk: Revolution in Iran - Girl With a Gun

Tonight, I was back with Funzing (London Speaks Sessions and LDN Talks @ Night) for a talk on Revolution in Iran: Girl with a Gun. This was an interview with a female Kurdish revolutionary.. on the Battersea Barge, which can get choppy. Never mind. This is one I got for free, for completing a loyalty card with three talks. Work had a Latino night, some corporate VIP being in town on a visit. As it turned out, their "dinner" was takeaway pizza in the office, and they didn't head out for ages - so I did my own thing.

I'm having a rather ill-fated week - spent too long in the office, doing next week's film list, and ended up rushing and taking the Tube to Vauxhall. Where I promptly got lost. Then I discovered I couldn't even go down the side of the road I needed to, what with roadworks.. Then it started to rain on me, which it wasn't supposed to.. Then, when I arrived at the barge, I stopped for a minute to look at it. And yes, it was moving considerably with the swell. Sod it, I said, I don't fancy that, and it was free anyway - and so headed back (by a kindly bus that waited for me), getting soaked in a cloudburst when I got off. Charming. Ah well, at least I got my night back..

Tomorrow, Let's Do This are back to St. Martin-in-the-Fields, where London Concertante is performing Bach Violin Concertos. Then I'm back to Ireland for the weekend again.

And on Monday, back at Southwark Playhouse with Up in the Cheap Seats - this time, it's for A Day By the Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment