Wednesday 2 November 2016

Concert: Goyescas

Tonight, I booked for at a classical concert called Goyescas: Music in the time of Goya, in St. John's Smith Square, in the company of Kensington Classical Music. Guess what happened? Traffic! Back way too late. Just as well - I'm exhausted.. got to eat, will hopefully have an early night!

Tomorrow, I was to go to the much over-advertised free comedy in Hammersmith - called Bonfire Special, and I'd signed up to go with five different groups (just because I can): Free Comedy Nights in Hammersmith Wimbledon and FarringdonRandom LondonLondon Art Comedy & Culture LoversLondon Live Comedy, and London for a Tenner or Less, who advertised the thing no fewer than three times themselves. However, I then got word that it's been cancelled for a private event! So it was ironic that I was considering how many groups I might have to cancel - that's exactly what I ended up doing! Still haven't come up with a plan for that night - we'll see. I may be too exhausted to do anything..

Then I'm back to Ireland for the weekend, and we're off to Aida at the University Concert Hall that Saturday. Yet again, the Print-at-Home tickets wouldn't display, and I had to ring them up and ask them to print off a copy for collection.. what it is about that website, I don't know.
 
On Monday, I've booked for a talk given by a new group, Org London, whose theme is Digital Dystopias: Orwell's 1984 and the Internet Age. Or I might go to a film - we'll see.

Tuesday, yippee, I'm back with free comedy in Hammersmith! (so far). Only with three groups so far - Free Comedy Nights in Hammersmith Wimbledon and Farringdon, London Live Comedy, and London for a Tenner or Less (just the once).

Next Wednesday is back with the Man with the Hat, who's taking Let's Do London - for less! to Southwark Playhouse, to see Orca.

Thursday 10th - yes, you guessed it, free comedy in Hammersmith! Think of it as a placeholder. Funnily enough, I'd just booked with London for a Tenner or Less, and only just noticed that Free Comedy Nights in Hammersmith Wimbledon and Farringdon, and London Live Comedy, were also advertising. Again. So I've booked. Again. What the hey, it's free.

Now, on Friday 11th, London Dramatic Arts are off to see King Lear at the Barbican. Haven't seen that since I studied it in school. Well, I'm off to see it too - cheaper, and sat in the very back row! Hopefully, with the maze that the Barbican is, it'll be fairly easy to avoid them.

And I did have something to do on the 12th - or rather, the Man with the Hat did, until hardly anyone booked, so he cancelled! Bah humbug. Might go to the Lord Mayor's show, which is on that day. Or perhaps a film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment