Monday 24 October 2016

Play: Amadeus

..isn't going to happen. Yes, I booked it for tomorrow evening, yes, I knew I'd be flying back tomorrow, so as not to have to fly back on my mother's birthday, which was today. So I specifically booked a lunchtime flight, so I'd make it.

Anyway, today my mother asked me what time I'd have to head to the airport, so I checked. Imagine my surprise to see that my flight didn't leave until 5:30.. I'd searched my email inbox by the booking reference number, so a few emails came up, and I checked the original booking. Sure enough, lunchtime. And there was a schedule change notification, sent last month, changing the booking to the evening flight. That schedule change I hadn't paid attention to, because I was so busy at the time.

Then I remembered something my mother had said, about customer complaints against Aer Lingus, because of flight cancellations - seems they simply have an aircraft shortage. Well, bah humbug. Now, with the only remaining flights to get me to London in time being at silly o' clock in the morning - well, it just doesn't seem worth it. So I'll have to miss the play.

Which just goes to show the precariousness of booking anything for the day you fly. Ah well, I can relax and prep for my interview, eh?

At least it's the thing I was least bothered about going to, this week. Wednesday is something I've been looking forward to for a while - I'm off with London for a Tenner or Less (Funzing, not Man with Hat!) to Step on Board the Haunted Tube ExpressHallowe'en starts here, eh?!

And Thursday is the next of the Man with the Hat's long season at the Opera House, where we're headed to see the comic opera, The Nose. I'm going cheap, as usual, of course, and sitting in the slips, with London for Less Than a Tenner. And wouldn't you know it, that's the day of my second interview..

No comments:

Post a Comment