Tuesday 6 September 2016

Talk: Understanding Reform in Myanmar

Tonight, I'd scheduled to go to a talk on Myanmar - my first event with the Amnesty International - Hammersmith and Fulham Meetup group, which I joined when I was still living there. But I never bothered to book a ticket, because there seemed to be plenty left - and when it came to it, I was hungry by the time I got back to London tonight, and said ah well, if I really want to find out about it, I can buy the book.

So, a quiet night in beckons. Tomorrow, I'm back among friendly faces - the Man with the Hat is off to Top Secret again. That's likely to be a late night - and joy, I managed to get the next day as work from home! So much handier.

Thursday, the best thing I could find was Bear Jokes Comedy, which unfortunately is back in Hackney, with London Live Comedy. Well, the other comedy didn't appeal.

Then I'm back to Ireland for the weekend, and on Saturday we're going to the Limetree Theatre for a play based on the love letters between Michael Collins and Kitty Kiernan. Playing for one night only, A Great Arrangement is set during the negotiation of the treaty of Irish independence, and is the latest event inspired by the centenary of 1916, obviously, and also references the Dáil debates and newspaper reports of the time.
 
Next week, Monday and Tuesday are devoted to the Man with the Hat. On Monday, he's taking Let's Do London - for Less! to Southwark Playhouse, for Punkplay - as the name implies, all about punk. On roller skates, I believe. And on Tuesday, he's taking London for Less than a Tenner to Soho Theatre, to see Two Man Show. Which, as you might expect, has two women in it. Talking about men.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete