Thursday 22 September 2016

Pub: The White House

It's a sad thing when people you work with, who've made your day better, move on. Even when you know they've made the right decision, and that they'll be happy. And so it was this evening, at the leaving do for one of them.

But hey, such is life. Anyway, we met at the White House pub, him late(-ish!) as usual. I fancied food, ordered a chicken satay starter, chicken main course as well. Have to say, the chicken was excellent! Both starter and main. Just wouldn't recommend the satay sauce, which was a bit odd. But the main course was terrific, would definitely have that again. 




Called it a night a bit early, I'm wrecked. And to be honest, Guildford is not my 'hood, y'know? Nearly did forget my laptop, as someone predicted. Nearly. Yeah, really do need a break.. Had Streetviewed the (quite short) walk to the station, and made it safely home. Sayonara, senor. Best o' luck.

Tomorrow, I'm back to Ireland for the weekend, and a well-deserved rest..

Before next week! Monday sees the long-awaited return of the Crick Crack Storytelling Club, who are at Soho Theatre with The Girl who Married a Dog.

Tuesday, I'm back with Kensington Classical Music, for a concert at Asia House - part of the Talent Unlimited Music Futures Festival, for young performers, which runs all week.

Wednesday, the Man with the Hat is taking London for Less Than a Tenner to the Top Secret Comedy Club.

Thursday sees my second outing of the week, with Kensington Classical Music, to Asia House, for that Talent Unlimited Festival.

I've arranged with Mary (another regular of the Man with the Hat's) to go on the Emirates Cable Car that Friday. She's been, loved it, invited me. Gosh, d'you know, if it's not on the Meetup calendar, I can forget so easily.. well, now there's a record of it here. This was the first date I was free!

Finally, I start next month with LDAM again, who - for once - are off to see some Beckett! Hallelujah, he's my favourite playwright - and not theirs, which makes it fun. No's Knife, it is, at the Old Vic, on 1 October.. Hmm, I seem to remember looking forward to when the Meetup groups got busy again. Be careful what you wish for..

No comments:

Post a Comment