Thursday 12 May 2016

Concert: St. James, Piccadilly

So, Kensington Classical Music had a concert this evening in St. James, Piccadilly. For once, they weren't charging a Meetup fee - so I booked: months ago, in fact. It was on at 7 - I'd have to be on time coming back from Guildford.

Predictably, I wasn't - I was a bit late leaving anyway, and an accident somewhere or other slowed down traffic just enough to scupper my chances. (Phew!) It was actually a relief - I lost sleep last night, I was tired and hungry, and just not that pushed. So I emailed the organiser that I wouldn't be coming.

Instead, I had dinner, and am now relaxing, with a lovely view of trees in the evening sun outside my window, and watching the second Eurovision semifinal - which has Ireland in it - with wine & snacks. Just what I needed!

Tomorrow, I'm back in the swing with London Dramatic Arts to see Giving, at Hampstead Theatre (and given how hard it was to avoid them there the last time, I'm glad I bought my ticket with them this time! Still, now I know where the back door is..) Avoiding them should be easier on Saturday, when they're going to Blue / Orange, at the notoriously chaotic Young Vic. And so am I - on a ticket bought independently. I'm seated upstairs, they're probably not - should be ok.

On Sunday, I'm on my first walk of the year (finally) - Free London Events and Talks has a walk entitled Fire, Pestilence and Plague. It's supposed to stay fine, thankfully.

On Monday, Henning from the London European Club is running a topical talk on UK and the EU - A Troubled Relationship, at the Devereux - deja vu, my very first Meetup with him was a talk at the same place. Should be interesting, what with the referendum coming up next month.

On Tuesday, the Man with the Hat is taking Let's Do London - for less! to see Last of the Boys, at Southwark Playhouse - indeed, he's also got a bunch of them going to the other show there, The Toxic Avenger, the same night! I've already seen that one, of course. And I can guarantee attendees a great night..

On Wednesday, I'm back with the Crick Crack Club, at The Forge, for a storytelling evening entitled The Howken Field, by Nick Hennessy.

On Thursday of next week, I'm with Henning again, who's headed to a mixed bill by Nederlands Dans Theater, at Sadler's Wells. And then it's back to Ireland for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment