Saturday 22 August 2015

Concert: Irish Youth Wind Ensemble

Since I'm back in Ireland this weekend, I asked my mother whether she'd be interested, and when she said yes, I booked for the Irish Youth Wind Ensemble concert in UCH tonight. She never gets out when I'm not here, and since there's hardly ever anything suitable when I am here, she was delighted at the chance.

But now my mother's decided she's not in the mood. So we're not going. Glad she's not involved with most of the things I go to, or I'd never be sure of getting anywhere! Actually, I think the problem really is that it's on earlier than usual, so we'd have to eat earlier than usual - and she does hate change in her routine. She's never up for any variation.

Anyway, on Monday, I'm finally going to see Memphis: the Musical, at the Shaftesbury Theatre. And the next two days, I'm headed to the Guildford office - first for a meeting, then the Sports Day. Coincides nicely with the next Tube strikes, assuming the current talks don't help.. we're to find out for sure on Monday. On Thursday, I've booked a ticket to see the comedian Iliza Schlesinger at the Soho Theatre - she was sold out for Monday, so I said maybe I'd better. And on Friday, I'm headed to the Boat Show. Those should both be interesting to get to and from, if the strikes go ahead!

Next Saturday, I'm back with the London Dramatic Arts group, for Oresteia at Trafalgar Studios - its West End transfer. (I see it's at the Globe as well - bummer, that'd have been good.) On the Sunday, I'm headed to the Scoop, for their double bill of classical plays. Technically, I'm accompanying the Free London Events and Talks group, but with 100 of us going, I doubt I'll be much bothered with actually meeting anyone. Unless I see someone I know.

I'm finishing off the month by going to the Proms, and on the 1st September I'm going to What's It All About? Bacharach, at the Menier Chocolate Factory. And then more..

No comments:

Post a Comment