Friday 28 August 2015

Comedy: The Boat Show

Heh. Remember how I didn't make it to the Boat Show the first time I booked..? Well, guess what..

It so happened that I decided, being in early last night, to do some booking ahead again. And I made my way down to the 25th September, when there was another Boat Show. I checked out the lineup on YouTube and they looked ok, so I decided to book.

Now, to book, you need to go on the Boat Show website. But the first thing I saw there was - tonight's show cancelled! I checked my spam folder - no notification from them. Well, I fired off an irate email, giving my reference number, saying that I'd received no notification and hoping I'd get a refund. I got a reply today, apologising and saying they were surprised that anyone managed to get a ticket after they cancelled. I replied in kind that I'd booked the thing on the 5th August, and they should really keep a record of who's booked, in case of this kind of thing! I could so easily just have shown up tonight with my ticket - I wouldn't normally have gone on the website first.

Well, in short, they've rebooked me for the 25th and promised me a free glass of wine or Prosecco. Fair enough. As for tonight - a nasty stomach pain hit this afternoon, so it's really a good thing that this happened. I'm much better now, but think I'll stay in.

Tomorrow, I'm back with the London Dramatic Arts group, for Oresteia at Trafalgar Studios - its West End transfer. (I see it's at the Globe as well - bummer, that'd have been good. And now Let's Do London - for less! is headed there in October, to see that self-same show. We'll see how I feel.)

On Sunday, I'm headed to the Scoop, for their free double bill of classical plays. Technically, I'm accompanying the Free London Events and Talks group, but with 100 of us going, I doubt I'll be much bothered with actually meeting anyone. Unless I see someone I know. Interesting procedure - this Meetup has no organiser; as the guy said, just go with your friends! So obviously, the point of having it as a Meetup at all isn't to meet, it's just to advertise that something is happening. I won't go if it rains though.. watch this space.

On Monday, I'm going to the Proms, and on Tuesday I'm going to What's It All About? Bacharach, at the Menier Chocolate Factory. I was thinking of a film for Wednesday - top of my list for Wednesday is The Look of Silence, which is finally showing at a time I can manage. The BFI is running it, and I've booked for the early showing that day, which was already mostly sold out. Gee, it's ages since I've been there!

For Thursday, I got a cheap ticket to a classical concert at Cadogan Hall - nice and close. Then I'm back to Ireland next weekend..

No comments:

Post a Comment