Monday 15 June 2015

Talk: The Running Man (Richard Bachman)

So, tonight I had booked to attend my first Meetup with the Post Apocalyptic Book Club - a talk about The Running Man, by Stephen King (writing as Richard Bachman). It was scheduled for The Star of Kings, which turns out not to be too far at all past King's Place, where I've been to concerts a couple of times - just take a left from King's Cross, up York Way.

But you know, it was a hard day at work today. And it's a reasonable distance to King's Cross - and it occurred to me to wonder how much I'd get from a book club discussion about a book I haven't read for years! (I wasn't able to find it over the weekend.) So I cancelled, and am having what passes for a relaxing evening, for me - at home!

Anyhoo, I'm booked for Meetups for the next two days. Tomorrow, I'm off to the last Film Nite gathering of the season - a talk entitled Divorce Iranian Style, given by a documentary-maker who focuses on women's issues, if she's available - or by the organiser, if she's not. It's in Soho House again - and unusually, it's free! Either it's because it's the last of the season - or perhaps because I was the only Meetup member to go to the last talk! Then on Wednesday, I'm meeting the World Music Meetup for the first time in ages, to go to a concert by the Trans Siberian March Band. Watched them on YouTube, they look good. Anyway, it's also free, which is nice.. and on Thursday, I'm off to the Guildford office for the day, so I'll be too tired to go out that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment