Tuesday 30 June 2015

Dance: Of Memory and What Remains

Looking through Meetup for tonight, I booked for my first event with Free London Events and Talks - Of Memory and What Remains, a contemporary dance performance. On in Bolivar Hall, part of the Venezuelan Cultural Complex. I was there ages ago, for a film.

Well, this turned out to be a busy day at work, and I stayed very late - so it simply wasn't an option to go to this event! Just as well it was free.. and I'll just have to wait a bit longer to meet this group.

Tomorrow night is looking like a film: top of the list is The Look of Silence, a documentary about the Indonesian massacre. I'm sure it's very good: problem is, the most convenient showing is all the way over in Hackney Picturehouse. And it's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow than today - and the last thing I fancy is a long trip by packed Overground in the heat. No, I might just skip it, especially as I'm in the Guildford office again the following day - unusually often for me, this month! So I'm not going out that night, either! Friday, again, it's looking like a film - watch this space for details; that's the day the film listings change.

On Saturday, I'm heading to the Bermondsey Carnival for the first time - never even heard of it before, but it sounds like just the thing for a hot and sunny day. Must try and get a hat & sunscreen in the meantime. The CLOGgies are headed there too, but it sounds a bit complicated to meet them - I've only met this group once, and probably wouldn't recognise them anyway.

On Sunday, however, I'm delighted to be joining the London for Less group again - and officially, for the first time in about a month! For once, I got in on time and booked one of their discounted tickets to the Pop-Up Opera's production of L' Italiana in Algeri, by Rossini.

No comments:

Post a Comment