Wednesday 29 April 2015

Gypsy Jazz and World Music Jam

I'd booked to go to a Gypsy Jazz and World Music Jam, this evening in the Vortex Jazz Bar. Mind you, I wasn't thrilled to discover it was all the way over in Dalston, and I'd have to travel for nearly an hour to get there. Then, after a dreary, wet day, the evening is glorious with sunshine, and I'm tired, and I just don't feel like it.

So I'm skipping it - I've cancelled, and hadn't had to pay anyway. Tomorrow is another Meetup with the World Music Meetup - in the Brunei Gallery, Russell Square, which is a bit closer. A concert with Senegalese band Minnjiaraby, whom I looked up on YouTube and really liked - I might make that one instead! After that, it's back to Ireland for the long weekend, and I'm taking an extra day because that way I save over £100 on the flights. Back to London on Tuesday night, then..

No comments:

Post a Comment