Wednesday 8 October 2014

Play: Pitcairn

I booked for Pitcairn this evening, in the Globe. Unfortunately, after a lovely, sunny lunchtime, it's turned into a miserable evening - wet and windy. And the Globe is open-air. Now, I have a seat, which means I'd be undercover - but my seat is second row from the front. Wind I could cope with, rain I could cope with. Both together is likely to be unpleasant. Plus there's that walk across the bridge.. no, reluctantly, I think I'll stay in.

Tomorrow, of course, I have an embarrassment of choice! I have tickets for the Calm Down, Dear festival double-bill of Women's Hour and A Girl and a Gun, in Camden People's Theatre - but then I saw sudden, last-minute availability for James III: The True Mirror, the sequel to the play I saw last night, James II. These are the second two of the James Plays trilogy at the National, about Kings James I, II, and III of Scotland. And so I booked that, and am looking forward to it. I just wish someone would take the other tickets off my hands! I sent an email around the office today, but no interest. I'll send a reminder tomorrow. Honestly, it's as bad as U2's experience - you can't give things away!

And then, back to Ireland for the weekend..

No comments:

Post a Comment