Sunday 11 May 2014

Pub Grub: Teach uí Bhriain

I did indeed manage to get up in time today, and before I left for the airport, we went for lunch at Teach uí Bhriain, for a change.

Managed to get parking, if not exactly in front of the door, then one space up from it. They were serving the Sunday lunch, which meant we couldn't necessarily get our usuals - however, she did agree to source some garlic bread for us (they do a lovely version here). My stomach was a bit queasy, and I didn't fancy anything too heavy, but the turkey escalopes with a citrus crust in a red wine jus sounded nice. My mother's salmon wasn't on the menu, sadly, so she had cod, sauce on the side - as usual.

In brief, the garlic bread was scrumptious, the turkey was extremely tasty - two pieces, and I downed both. The accompanying sauce was terrific - their sauces usually are. The cod was bland, apparently, as cod is wont to be - the sauce would doubtless have helped, but my mother has a delicate stomach and avoids sauces in general. She picked at the mash and vegetables that came with the main courses, and I avoided them entirely - my turkey was accompanied by a quantity of mash anyway, and the side orders of mash and veg that they provide are not their string point. We skipped dessert - not that it's not good here, but it's huge, I had to be in time for the airport, and I was being careful of my stomach anyway. What I had sustained me right through to late evening, as it was.

Still making out my film list.. I'm down to the Ms now! Won't know what I'm going to tomorrow till that's finished, but it's bedtime and I have work in the morning. So, night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment