Wednesday 18 December 2013

Play: The El. Train

Well, so tonight I planned to go to Shoreditch, and Google Maps told me that the fastest way to go was to catch the Tube to Mansion House and get a bus. From Stop ME. Across the road, in Cannon Street. I looked it up in Streetview, to be sure.

I arrived at Cannon Street and looked around. There's a complicated junction there. It was pouring rain (still is). I searched and searched, but couldn't find the stop anywhere. Eventually, I dripped my way home. Where I researched what went wrong.

What went wrong? I headed the wrong way down Cannon Street, is what went wrong. Had I turned right instead of left upon leaving the Underground, I'd have been fine. And then it was just cross the road and it's on the left. Anyway, as I was searching, I saw my bus passing, so I'd missed it and would have been late, even if I had found it.

Bah humbug.

Hey-ho, finding the Vue Harrow should be easier tomorrow night, for the preview of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Few things are as complicated as finding your way in the City.. I just hope this rain clears in time for the party on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment