Friday 4 October 2013

Land of our Fathers

..didn't happen. That's the trouble with multi-trip journeys - Tube, then bus. Actually, my timing was perfect - the Tube arrived practically simultaneously with me, there were no delays, for once, and the bus didn't take long to arrive either.

And then we got bogged down in Friday-night traffic. The bus journey took twice as long as it should have, and we were just late enough that it wasn't worth my while. O well. If you do decide to go to Land of our Fathers, you need to book - it is selling out. And you need to leave plenty of time, depending where you're coming from.

And then I got lost looking for the bus stop to come back by. No, it isn't the one just across the road - thanks to the map at that bus stop, though, I figured out where to go. It helped that I saw one of the buses I needed turning down there. Of course, I missed that one, but it wasn't long before the other arrived.

At least Hammersmith Bridge looked pretty, all lit up.

Tomorrow, it's Scenes from a Marriage, at the St James Theatre. Which I can get to straight by Tube, fortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment