Thursday 26 September 2013

Restaurant: Postino

Well, here I go, bucking my schedule again. See, we went for drinks after work, and then food was mentioned. I was due to go to the cinema, but didn't have it booked, and did need to eat, so decided to do that instead. Valeria wanted to go to the Hare & Tortoise. Laura and I accompanied her, but the place was not only full, but had quite a queue. Valeria persisted, but Laura and I decided to try our luck at the Italian up the road.

I'd forgotten there are actually two. Jeez, you'd think I'd remember, the number of times I've passed them! Il Portico was a bit expensive, so we continued to Postino, just a few doors away. Where we were seated quickly, as it wasn't terribly full. I fancied the scaloppine alla crema e funghi, while Laura pointed out that they had "starsign" pizzas, named for various astrological signs. So she had hers - the Capricorno.

Service throughout was friendly and quite efficient (although they had to be reminded to bring us the bill), my white wine, cream, and mushroom sauce was delicious, and the house wine was fine. Décor was charming. I would go there again. Recommended - closed Mondays.

Well, I'm back to Ireland for the weekend. Next week, I have booked two films in the Odeon Kensington - for Monday, Prisoners, a tense drama starring Hugh Jackman as the father of a little girl who goes missing along with her little friend. Jake Gyllenhaal plays the investigating officer. Very watchable chap. :-)

On Wednesday, I'm going to see Blue Jasmine. This is the new Woody Allen film, with Cate Blanchett in the sort of role he would have taken - neurotic, down on her luck. Also stars Alec Baldwin - as her ex, I think - and Peter Saasgaard. Very highly rated.

No comments:

Post a Comment