Wednesday 12 June 2013

Flown

Had my doubts that I'd make it to Flown this evening, which is part of the Udderbelly Festival. Google Maps suggested a Tube to Embankment and cross the bridge, which is something I avoided doing all winter because of the cold, but it's about warm enough to do that now, despite the chilly spell. Anyway, I didn't have time to do anything else today, and boy was I glad that was what I did, because the festival is right at the bottom of the bridge, on the south bank, on the right. Only just made it. They were just starting as I climbed the stairs, I could hear them. Didn't miss anything much, I don't think..

And boy am I glad I made it. The show is only an hour long, but it's stunning. Unlike Time Out, I didn't find the clowning irritating, and, in agreement with Time Out, the aerial acts are amazing. Set to rock music, it's aerial ballet. These are multi-talented performers - one of those shows where everyone does a bit of everything. A word of warning - you might feel a bit vulnerable sat in the front couple of rows in the centre, they have a habit of swinging over the audience. ;-) But my, what a show! Beautiful. Despite the odd raindrop, it being a wet evening and the show taking place in a tent. Shaped like an upside-down cow.

And so back to Ireland, the perpetual yo-yo, for Colm Wilkinson on Friday.. Farewell all, talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment